DmC: Devil May Cry | Hype Thread | 8.0 (360) 7.5 (PS3) | Out Today On PC!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 0

#201 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Thanks guy's.

I...I don't really know what to think of that :|

Sagem28

It's not the DMC you know and love man. This is a kid knapper. An imposter. A craaaaazy mother f*cker. You wouldn't let a unstable son of a b*tch like that aound you would you? Stay faaaar away. Buy DMC3 instead.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Thanks guy's.

Sagem28

ME3 level of bad. Not much to think about.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 ChubbyGuy40

It's not the DMC you know and love man. This is a kid knapper. An imposter. A craaaaazy mother f*cker. You wouldn't let a unstable son of a b*tch like that aound you would you? Stay faaaar away. Buy DMC3 instead.

Master_ShakeXXX

You mean buy the HD collection instead.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

ChubbyGuy40

You mean buy the HD collection instead.

Of course. I had to go free my mind of the knowledge that this... thing is coming to fruition so forgive me if I'm a little... goofy. F*CK DMC!

Razor_defiace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Razor_defiace
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

How bad an ending are we talking here ?
Mass Effect 3 levels of bad ?

Can somebody tell me in a spoiler ?

finalfantasy94

I refuse to believe anything is on the level of ME3 ending bad:P

ME3 ending seems like a masterpiece when I compare it to the 10 second ending of DmC. I thought the story in DMC4 was crap, but man... the story in DmC is just even worse. Oh yeah Vergil Downfall is probably the true ending too, sounds familiar? I will have to ask my friend to bring his xbox so that I can at least get a decent closure to this game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#207 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Thanks guy's.

Master_ShakeXXX

Oh god I feel like I can tell you're actually crying at your computer right now.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

Buy the DMC HD Collection instead.

Slashkice

Fixed that for ya bro. DMC2 is ass, but the original still holds up (and of course 3 is the best of the lot).

Your avatar from that trippy show by SHAFT?

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Thanks guy's.

jg4xchamp

Oh god I feel like I can tell you're actually crying at your computer right now.

LOL. The Shake never cries. I'm just trying to, oh I don't know, SAVE THE ENTIRE DEVIL MAY CRY FRANCHISE!!! Why don't you do your part you f*cking procrastinator and dissuade people from buying this piece of sh*t.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

LOL. The Shake never cries. I'm just trying to, oh I don't know, SAVE THE ENTIRE DEVIL MAY CRY FRANCHISE!!! Why don't you do your part you f*cking procrastinator and dissuade people from buying this piece of sh*t.

That level of douchetry is beneath The Beacon of Truth

I just spread the gospel that is The Truth. Should you choose to accept it is your prerogative. Personally if a franchise is done. LET IT BE DONE. Let it die miserably if it has to, but let it die. I'd rather Capcom do something new in the genre before they ever go back to Devil May Cry. I've been platinum to not do a Bayonetta 2 but do a new IP instead, because if I want more Bayonetta I'll just replay the already excellent game that is Bayonetta.

Albeit Platinum isn't as plebish as Capcom. They give me both. A new ip in Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2. Now if only Anarchy Reigns could have been more interesting.

Also lol the shake. SInce when were you a the? The first of never? delusions of grandeur from shake. Always hilarious.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 GD1551

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

Your avatar from that trippy show by SHAFT?

Slashkice

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, yeah. I'm still not quite sure about what happened in the first episode, but I liked it.

Yeah surprisingly I found myself liking it as well, it was a "wtf did I just watch" scenario but it was enjoyable.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#213 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Let's keep it here everyone
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#214 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
I'd love if it got a 9 just because it'd be funny to see the DMC fans have a breakdown, but it looks like an 8 to me.bobbetybob
Yey I was right. Gonna get this on PC at some point, looks like fun.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#215 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

I always like your font selections on these hype threads.

Game looks alright. A lot better than people were hoping it to be actually. A big middle finger to the fans? Maybe, but it looks pretty nice visually compared to the dull looking originals

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#216 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
Enjoyed demo. Will rent.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Thanks guy's.

Master_ShakeXXX

I think you need some

dr-zoidbergs-butthurt-cream-768x200.jpg

Because this game looks great!

dr-zoidbergs-butthurt-cream-300x225.jpg

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9874 Posts
Game looks like a blast :D!!! Looking forward to the PC-version!
drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#219 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts
There should be a rule that no one can bash this game while simultaneously praising DMC4.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 ChubbyGuy40

There should be a rule that no one can bash this game while simultaneously praising DMC4.drinkerofjuice

1340490161436.png

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
There should be a rule that no one can bash this game while simultaneously praising DMC4.drinkerofjuice
Rabid fans of any game or series should always be ignored for the most part. If they'd released another Devil May Cry game that was exactly like the last 2 they probably still would have moaned that it was too repetitive and they hadn't changed enough.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

I wonder how Metroid fans were when Nintendo announced Metroid Prime being developed by Retro Studios (when they were new and unproven developers) instead of Sakamoto?

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 GD1551

Why is that exactly? DMC4's problem was mission design, not gameplay.

Razor_defiace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Razor_defiace

DMC4 was crap, but at least the gameplay was there. I can't find anything likable in DmC apart from the cool and weird level design which doesn't elevate it above DMC4 or near it sadly.

DMC1 and DMC3 are probably the only great games in the series at this point. Well Capcom is known to mismanage series... oh well I'm going to give Bayonetta a chance and replay it (playing through DmC made me appreciate the non-serious cheesefest of Bayonetta at least)

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#226 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Nice thread, and nice score!!!

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I found Devil May Cry 4 to be the best Hack n Slash this generation. I look forward to playing this game tomorrow with all its changes

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#228 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Great score. To all haters, this only scored 0.6 points lower than DMC 3 on GS and is one percent higher on Gamerankings (regular edition) so you shouldn't immediately dismiss it :P

I didn't read the review but did it mention how challenging this game was in comparison to the rest of the series?

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Great score. To all haters, this only scored 0.6 points lower than DMC 3 on GS and is one percent higher on Gamerankings (regular edition) so you shouldn't immediately dismiss it :P

I didn't read the review but did it mention how challenging this game was in comparison to the rest of the series?

bowserjr123

So? Scores aren't some sort of absolute numerical value, you know.. They are bullsh*t numbers given to somewhat summarize the opinion of a person. They should never be treated as anything els than a little feedback, from other people, on what you're buying.

And from what i've read, the general idea is that it's more streamlined, easier, and with a simpler combat system that is probably going to piss a lot of fans off. But, it's polished, fun to play, there's a nice variety of weapons to use, decent level design...

I'll be waiting on the PC version, if i can unlock 60 FPS, i'll be happy.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

All of DMC4s praise is pretty much aimed at the combat, and it's deserving of every word said in that regard.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

bowserjr123
Let me lol @ your face for mentioning DMC3 and this thing in a same sentence.
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 bowserjr123

[QUOTE="bowserjr123"]

rjdofu

It was meant to be a joke, hence the :P I highly doubt it would be better than DMC 3 and it doesn't mean it's necessarily a bad game.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#233 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

:lol: at all the elitist

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 bowserjr123

[QUOTE="bowserjr123"]

Lucianu

So? Scores aren't some sort of absolute numerical value, you know.. They are bullsh*t numbers given to somewhat summarize the opinion of a person. They should never be treated as anything els than a little feedback, from other people, on what you're buying.

And from what i've read, the general idea is that it's more streamlined, easier, and with a simpler combat system that is probably going to piss a lot of fans off. But, it's polished, fun to play, there's a nice variety of weapons to use, decent level design...

I'll be waiting on the PC version, if i can unlock 60 FPS, i'll be happy.

The first sentence was meant to be a joke, hence the :P. But really, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad game and I highly doubt it would be better than DMC 3.

And thanks for the input on the challenge.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="bowserjr123"]

bowserjr123

It was meant to be a joke, hence the :P

Oh ok sorry, my sarcasm radar's broken.
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 bowserjr123

[QUOTE="bowserjr123"]

[QUOTE="rjdofu"] Let me lol @ your face for mentioning DMC3 and this thing in a same sentence.rjdofu

It was meant to be a joke, hence the :P

Oh ok sorry, my sarcasm radar's broken.

No worries man.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#237 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
I already bought my copy for $27. Can't wait to play this at 120 frames per second. :D
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46476 Posts

Hopefully the PC port will be good, looks like a great game

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#239 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]I already bought my copy for $27. Can't wait to play this at 120 frames per second. :D

Where did you find it for $27? :o
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

The first sentence was meant to be a joke, hence the :P. But really, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad game and I highly doubt it would be better than DMC 3.

bowserjr123

Well yeah, that's the common opinion of people that have played it. Great game, with a combat system better than in the God of War series, but dramatically inferior than in the likes of DMC3:SE and Bayonetta.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]There should be a rule that no one can bash this game while simultaneously praising DMC4.OneSanitarium

All of DMC4s praise is pretty much aimed at the combat, and it's deserving of every word said in that regard.

Bayonetta exists.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 ShadowDeathX
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]I already bought my copy for $27. Can't wait to play this at 120 frames per second. :D

Green Man Gaming. 30% Off + Referrals = 27$
Razor_defiace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Razor_defiace

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="drinkerofjuice"]There should be a rule that no one can bash this game while simultaneously praising DMC4.dreman999

Bayonetta exists.

What does that have to with DMC4 and the praise it received for its combat? DMC4 came out first and the combat improved from the 3rd game with the on the fly style switching and other small stuff. Bayonetta existing doesn't make the praise it got moot.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#244 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"][QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]I already bought my copy for $27. Can't wait to play this at 120 frames per second. :D

They only had 25% when I pre ordered or, which is still good. I don't like to spend more than $40 on new games.
bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 bowserjr123

[QUOTE="bowserjr123"]

Lucianu

Well yeah, that's the common opinion of people that have played it. Great game, with a combat system better than in the God of War series, but dramatically inferior than in the likes of DMC3:SE and Bayonetta.

Other than the challenge and boss battles, it seems like a great buy. And I've always preferred DMC to God of War so good thing this one's still better too lol. I'll have to check it out when it gets cheaper.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 ShadowDeathX
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] Where did you find it for $27? :o

They only had 25% when I pre ordered or, which is still good. I don't like to spend more than $40 on new games.

They had a 30% one in December.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#247 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Damn it BPoole
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#248 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

I'm guessing 8.0. Curious what the actual scores will be.

PatchMaster

And BOOM goes the dynamite!

Will check out at some point. PC version maybe?

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts
Damn it BPooleBlabadon
Haha Also IGN gave the ps3 version an 8.5 and 360 version an 8.9 O.o
psymon100